Sunday, November 22, 2009

Long time no blog

It seems like forever since I lasted posted on the blog. It is not a lack of interest but a lack of time. Life this month has seemed to be crazier than ever. Lots of ups and downs but hopefully we can settle down a bit now and enjoy the holidays.

Some good news is that Roy's Dad finally made it home on Friday, November 6. It was such a relief to finally get him back home. He is still gaining strength but doing so well. We know he is blessed to be doing so well.

We celebrated Mia's 1st birthday on Saturday, November 14 . . . the day after her actual birthday. That week we had a lot of running around and last minute planning to do. I am happy to report the party was a success. I will be sure to post some pictures.

Sadly the day after Mia's party my Grandfather died. We knew it was coming and although he wasn't "awake" we did have the chance to go and say goodbye before he passed. He had a long battle with dementia so we know he is in a better place now. The funeral went well. It was at Sweetest Heart of Mary in downtown Detroit. It is where my grandparents were married and renewed their vows on their 50th anniversary. It is such a beautiful place. The priest did a wonderful homily, really made you feel inspired during a time of great sadness. They did military honors since my grandfather served in the Navy. His funeral brought back so many memories from my childhood and made me miss all of the time I used to spend with my family. Sometimes in a time of mourning you have to focus on all of the good times, and there sure were a lot of them. He will be missed but I know he has gone to a better place and someday we will surely meet again . . .

So I am still here and have lots of pictures to share. I am hoping to catch up soon. You wouldn't believe how much our little pumpkin has grown in the past couple of months!!

No comments: