After a very long week in the hospital we finally made it home today. Mia is not 100% over the cold but we are pretty confident she is over the "hump". We had a team of doctors and nurses make the call to send us and we are confident in their decision. Mott at U of M is a phenomenal place. The nurses were just wonderful to us and did a great job taking care of Mia. After this stay and our experience at Huron Valley (for her birth) I have a whole new respect for nurses. I also have a new appreciation for one's health. Granted Mia was and still is sick . . . but at Mott there are a lot of very ill children. That might have been the most sad part of being there, I said prayers for those kids every night we were there. My heart breaks for those families that have to spend so much time at the hospital. Somehow you find a strength you just never even knew you had, I guess that is part of being a parent.
Now that we are back home I am hopeful we will find our routine. Hopefully we will stay out of the hospital for awhile, I am not really up for a third stay. I do have some pics to upload and will try to do that within the week.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment