Thursday, December 17, 2009

Questions to ask at the end of the day

Someone forwarded this to me and I thought it was a great reminder . . .

Questions to ask at the end of the day
  • Did I spend enough time with my kids today?
  • Did I have any eye-to-eye contact conversations with them?
  • Did I slow down enough to enjoy them, or was my day too rushed?
  • How have they changed from yesterday?
  • Did I kiss my husband today?
  • Did I treat him as my husband or as the hired help?
  • What memories did I make for our family today?
  • How can I do better tomorrow?

Each night, as I lay in bed, these questions run through my mind. Some days I am so pleased with the way my day turned out, that I smile myself to sleep. Other days, I pray that God will give me one more day to do better.

Even with the best intention, some days just get away from me and I forget what matters most. I forget that rewards in this life aren't based on how clean my kitchen is or how my hair looks. Most days, it takes a conscious effort to make me take my eyes off the to-do list and just enjoy my family.

My children won't be little forever.

I want a husband, not a roommate.

We are a family.

That is what's important at the end of the day.

No comments: