Monday, August 15, 2011

Time flies



It is hard to believe but it has been 12 weeks since Bryn was born and I return to work tomorrow. I am not going to lie . . . it wasn't the easiest 12 weeks of my life but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Being that Bryn was born in late May my leave allowed me to have most of the summer off, which was great. Mia certainly benefited from it. We spent time at the park, the botanical gardens, Domino's farm, the zoo, the splash pad . . . we did picnics, lots of play dates, trips to the library, and plenty of time playing at home. Although my Mom was technically "on leave" as well she spent most of the summer with us . . . which was great for everyone!!

There were many days that confirmed why working part time is a good balance for me. But of course there were other days where I sat and thought "I could get used to being a stay at home Mom". Of course now that the last day of leave is here I don't want to go back. I know once I get back into the groove I will enjoy seeing my friends at work and having some alone time during lunch. But I know my girls will always be on mind.

Thank God my Mom watches them, this would be a thousand times harder if I had to take them to daycare. I know she will take good care of them and in the long run we will all survive another transition.



I am also thankful for the fact that I am able to work part time. Being gone for a few days makes me look really forward to my time off each week. For now working part time is best for our family, maybe someday I will take the plunge and be a full time stay at home. But being a stay at home is the hardest job anyone could ever do . . .

No comments: